Fun Fact Friday!
- Leucine, an amino acid found in your sweat under your feet, bacteria feed on leucine and they ‘fart’ isoflavic acid which makes your feet smell stanky!
- If you lack protein in your diet, your hair gets thinner, puffy eyes in the morning and slow growth in children.
- The protein in semen acts on the female brain to prompt ovulation.
- Blogs.scientificamerican.com. “Scientific American Blog Network.” 2014. http://blogs.scientificamerican.com/ (accessed 17 Feb 2014).
- Myfooddiary.com. “Protein Nutrition Facts – MyFoodDiary.” 2014. http://www.myfooddiary.com/Resources/nutrient_facts/nutrient_protein.asp (accessed 17 Feb 2014).